The Speak Up Research Project for Digital Learning provides an easy way for students, parents, educators and members of your community to participate in local decision-making about technology, as well as contribute to the state and national dialogue about educational technology. Speak Up is open for input each fall during the months of October and January. All districts and schools, in the current NCES database, are automatically included in our school database for participation. To manage your organization’s information and obtain free, online access to your aggregated results, your registration must be activated with a primary contact.
As the primary contact for your district, school or organization, you will be in charge of the promotion and encouragement of the survey at your selected organizational level. In return, you will receive free, online access to your aggregated results with state and national comparisons the following February after the close of the survey. Learn more about the benefits of assigning a primary contact below or click the register button to register now.
Benefits of designating a primary contact:
- Gain administrative access by assigning an administrative login password, which allows you to:
- Verify/update your organization’s information including the ability to edit display name, zip code and contact information.
- For district level contacts, option to:
- Assign individual student survey passwords to schools.
- Assign school primary contacts to facilitate the survey taking process at the school level.
- Have the ability to monitor your survey counts at any time.
- Gain access to your preliminary data results beginning in late November. Primary contacts will have complete access to their preliminary reports via the admin portal. Reports are updated every Sunday through the close of the survey period.
- View and download your organization’s data once it becomes available in February.
- Ensure confidentiality of your surveys with your students by assigning a survey “secret password” for students to use to take the survey.
- Receive customized direct start links to bypass regular login process. (*by request only)
- Receive weekly emails with up to date participation numbers (option to opt out of emails during registration process).
- Keep up to date on other important updates during the survey process.
Information needed to register:
Note: Primary contact information needs to be activated each survey year by logging into the Admin login page.
- Email address
- Administrative password (password you will use to login to your account)
- Student Survey password (secret word students will use to access the survey)
Types of Primary Contacts:
District- Access to all schools within the district. You will only need to assign one contact for the district with the option to assign individual school contacts. The district assigned passwords (administrative and survey) will work for all schools within that district.you probably
School-Access to an individual school site. Available to schools within districts that are not participating districtwide or for schools that would like their own account to monitor school counts and access school data. Assign individual school level passwords different from the district passwords (district passwords will work in addition to school level passwords).
Private or charter school-Access to your individual school. If you would like to group a set of schools to receive a grouped dataset much like the district level reports or you are unable to locate your school during the registration process, please contact the Speak Up Team at email@example.com.
Organization-Allows organizations to register as a school or group of schools to collect data. Please contact the Speak Up Team at firstname.lastname@example.org to help set up your registration.
International school- Please contact the Speak Up Team at email@example.com to help set up your registration. To learn about our Speak Up International survey, an extension of the Speak Up K12 surveys, please click here.
Promote Speak Up:
The Speak Up Promotional materials page (http://www.tomorrow.org/speakup/promo.html) offers convenient tools for helping make Speak Up a success. You can find promotional flyers for posting at each school, informational flyers for your stakeholders, lesson plans for teachers, a banner ad to place on your website, sample emails, tweets and blog posts for encouraging participation and more. Materials will be updated each fall.
If you have any additional questions regarding speak up registrations, surveys, or promotion please contact the Speak Up Team at firstname.lastname@example.org