Speak Up Research Initiative
The Speak Up Research Initiative, facilitated by Project Tomorrow®, provides an easy, efficient and cost-effective way for your students, parents, educators and the community to inform your local planning and decision-making about key educational issues. Speak Up provides you with a series of nationally normed questions in the form of surveys to target any audience of your choosing. Our feedback tools include:
- Speak Up 360: a comprehensive multiple thematic survey deck of questions for students, educators, parents and community at large.
- Speak Up Snapshots: theme specific 10-15 question surveys for teachers, students and parents.
Open Period: September – June
Your Role: Encourage your stakeholders to participate based on your selected timeframe.
- Free, online access to easy to read data results in a table format
- State and national comparative data
- Promotional material templates and samples
- Free online seminars with Dr. Julie A. Evans
- Data templates and resource guides
- Dedicated Speak Up staff to ensure you reach your goals!
Want to learn more before registering? Visit our website at www.tomorrow.org or schedule an introductory call with the Speak Up Team by visiting our call scheduling page.
- Registration Requirements
Speak Up is open to any interested school, district or educational group in the United States and Internationally. All districts and schools, in the current NCES database, are automatically loaded into our system to pre-populate your organization’s settings. If your school or district is not part of the NCES database, please contact the Speak Up Team
to add your organization to our system. To register your organization’s account, you will need to assign a primary contact to oversee the process.
- Account Management Tools
Once registered as a primary contact for your selected organization you will have access to the following account management tools to use at your convenience:
- Survey selection by audience (district account only)
- Customizable survey landing page with district specific link (district account only)
- Ability to open and close the survey at any time (district account only)
- Access to unique school specific survey links
- Real time survey counts
- One-click online access to data results updated weekly throughout the process
- Account Types
District: Access to all school accounts and data results collected within the district. Acts as primary contact to all schools within the district, with the ability to assign school level contacts if needed. District accounts will have access to district data collected from all schools and each individual school’s data results.
School: Access to individual school account to manage the data collection process and results. An individual can register their school separate from the district account through the registration process or if the district has already registered coordinate with the district primary contact to be assigned as the school contact.
Private School: Access to individual school account to manage the data collection process and results. If you would like to group a set of private schools to receive a grouped dataset much like the district account, please contact the Speak Up Team at email@example.com.
Nonprofit organization or afterschool provider: Please contact the Speak Up Team at firstname.lastname@example.org to help set up your registration.
International school: Please contact the Speak Up Team to add your school into our system. If you would like to group a set of schools to receive a grouped dataset much like the district account, please contact the Speak Up Team at email@example.com.
- Survey Questions
Speak Up provides you with a series of nationally normed questions in the form of surveys to target any audience of your choosing. Our feedback tools include:
Speak Up 360: Speak Up 360 questions cover a wide range of education related topics for all audiences including students, educators, parents and members of the community. You have the option to use the complete survey deck or select specific audiences you would like to target. Survey questions cover three vectors:
- Activities: How are education stakeholders implementing new learning models especially using technology?
- Attitudes: What do they value or care about with those new learning experiences?
- Aspirations: What are their goals or desires for higher impact with these new learning models?
And fall within the following categories:
- Strategic Planning
- Emerging Tech
- Student Preparation
- Home to School Communications
Speak Up Snapshots: While some schools/districts prefer the Speak Up 360 multi-thematic approach, we have found that others prefer to focus on one specific topic or theme at a time. We have created Speak Up Snapshots to help meet those needs with short 10-15 question surveys. Snapshots can be used individually or as a supplement to Speak Up 360. We currently offer the following snapshots:
- Teacher Professional Learning (Teacher)
- Mobile Learning Impact (Teacher and Students Grade 6-12)
- Project Based Learning (Parent)
To view the questions asked on each survey, please visit our Survey Questions page.